As a covenantal group of congregations, we ask that each congregation pay their fair share towards supporting the work of the district. Fair Share Contributions are also requested from the UUA to the Annual Program Fund.
The Resource Development Team oversees the fair share program of the district and the district's participation in the UUA's APF program.
Please note that at the 2011 Annual Meeting, the delegates voted to increase district dues 50 cents per year for the next three years. Fair share payments are calculated based on the number of members the congregation certifies with the UUA in February. The payment period runs from July 1 through June 30th of each year. The OMD and UUA APF Fair Share Amounts Per Member are listed below:
|Fiscal Year||OMD Amount
|UUA APF Amount
Congregations who are "Full Fair Share" (have paid their fair share to both the UUA and the district in the previous fiscal year) receive recognition and discounts at district events during the following year. We could not do the work we do supporting congregations in the district without this help and we do appreciate it.
To learn more about the UUA Annual Program Fund please visit www.uua.org/giving/apf/index.shtml
The Top Ten Ways Your “Fair Share” Contribution Helps Grow Our Unitarian Universalist Faith
Adapted by Rev. Naomi King, UUMA Liaison to APF, The River of Grass UU Congregation, Plantation, Florida
10. You teach your congregation that we truly are called together as one association of congregations and that our greatest strength is not individual but communal. Together, we overcome fear, alienation, and loneliness, creating a better today and a more hopeful future.
9. You encourage generosity by modeling generosity.
8. You connect your congregation to great stories of our Unitarian Universalist living faith all around the world.
7. Your congregation’s “fair share.” gift models individual right relationship in expending our individual resources.
6. You strengthen the connection between your congregation and our family of associated congregations. – our Unitarian Universalist Association
5. When people see what our Unitarian Universalist faith is doing through their giving around the world, it encourages and develops heir stewardship and their sense of making a difference.
4. You are having the greatest effect on our home mission in planning new congregations, strengthening existing congregations and reaching people with the good news of Unitarian Universalism.
3. When you give at the. “fair share.” level to our Association, you model your congregation living our values of interdependence, mutuality, cooperation, and hope.
2. You strengthen the identity of your congregation as a mission- and service-focused people.
1. Your gifts enable your congregation to expand our living faith values of love, reason, freedom and justice .– healing and transforming our world here and now.
We can be and do more together than we can be and do on our own.